Friday, July 20, 2012


The power was off yesterday from 6am-3:30pm. I was worried at first-it was a hot day!  But we kept the doors closed and the refrigerator and freezerclosed and all was well. The temp in my house never got above 82.


My kids, on the other hand, thought the world had ended!! No Wii?? No computer?? What are we going to do?? They lamented.  So I told them about the good old days when I had to do my homework by candle light and draw water from the well; how I had to use an outhouse and churn my own butter. Then I had to walk to school-uphill both ways-with dirty newspapers wrapped around my feet leaving a bloody trail in the snow...


After much griping, we ended up having a really fun day.


We had a great time playing games and doing things without electronics! Melissa Julien and her kids were in town and we played board games, had Nerf fights, ate popsicles, jumped on the trampoline and even played "Sardines" in the house!


My kids were having so much fun it took them a while to realize when the power came back on (and then of course there was a mad-dash to the Wii)!


The power should go off more often!  I wonder if I could make a deal with SRP...


I love, Love, LOVE hanging out at home with my kids!

No comments: