Saturday, May 26, 2012


Haigler Creek camping!

Each year (well, the two we've been at the school) we end the year with a camping trip.  I was a chaperone last year and elbowed my way into the group again! I love it! It was so much fun!  These kids are super!

This year we had a Hogwarts theme.  We were divided into houses for chores and activities.  We were the "Gryffindor" House.  At each gathering we had a yell:
We belong to Gryffindor,
where dwell the brave of heart.
Our daring, nerve, and chivalry
set Gryffindor apart!

This is the entire group:

 We played a lot of "Minute to Win-it" games!  Jeff wrapping Dallin with an ENTIRE roll of toilet paper.
 We went to the swimming hole and jumped off a bunch of rocks into the water (when I say 'we' I mean 'they').
 Jeff Jumped 41 times!!
 Getting ready...
 Go!
 The zip line is always a favorite.  Jeff tried to catch it on video...we'll see how that turns out.
 Mostly the kids just loved playing together.  They played ping-pong, air hockey, board games, kick-ball, and they came up with their own version of "Halo".  They ran around and pretended to shoot each other and hide and strategize...I guess it's their version of "Cowboys and Indians".
I really loved seeing the kids work together to make meals and clean up and help each other.   The food committee planned and bought all the food, and I could totally tell that Jeff was on that committee! We ate his favorite meals: Tacos, chili dogs, breakfast burritos, pancakes, and sloppy joes.

I'm so glad they did this again!

No comments: