Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Little M had a dance recital last weekend and she loved it!

I was a little worried when we went to the rehearsal because she got scared of the stage and didn't want to go up.  I had to peel her off my leg and force her to join her little group to go up and practice.  Once she was up there she elbowed her way onto center stage.  When it was all done and the group was asked to go sit down she was super upset.  "MOM!  It's not long enough!  I want to do more!!"  Ha.  Got over that stage fright pretty easily!

http://youtu.be/ra90Cachw3U

The day of the performance there were easily 4X the number of people and she didn't bat an eye.  Actually she went out on stage AHEAD of time with another group and didn't realize she was in the wrong place until the music started.  She ran off the stage and got embarrassed about it, but still came back on and did her dance.

Now anytime we mention her coming on at the wrong time she cries and gets so upset and embarrassed!

I love that she enjoys performing! I suspected she would...she's all about wearing  makeup and the costume and looking pretty for people.

Since the recital she asks EVERY DAY if she can wear mascara (yes she says it correctly).  "Mom, just today I want to wear mascara. I know that I'm not a big mom yet, but still I can wear mascara and not other makeup just mascara."  She's constantly negotiating! I sure wish she would stop growing up so fast!

No comments: