Monday, August 13, 2012

The Mom Campout

I'm finally sorting through my pictures and getting some time to sit down and write about our really fun trip!  A bunch of mothers and children in my neighborhood get together every year and go camping at Chavez Crossing in Sedona.  It's the perfect kid-friendly campground and we love it!

We all bring our own food and share meals together.  Shade/rain tents are a must.
 We all cluster together under the trees for shade and the nearby creek makes a delightful noise for sleeping!  I have always slept really well when we camp here!  This year I was a little later than everyone else and Trenton (my brother) and Dallin set up the tent.
 My brother, Trenton.  Yes, I know he is not a mommy, but he had a couple days off and likes to camp so we invited him. "I sleep in a pink bedroom and Bekki makes me watch chick-flicks! I think that qualifies me for the campout." he said. 
He was so helpful setting up the camp and cleaning up.

The campground is in a little canyon with a creek running down the middle.  The walls of the canyon are a great place to explore! 




Speaking of exploring...the boys went down the creek and came back with a dead rattlesnake!  It was a fight to see who could keep the rattle.

 We love having good friends come along!
We set a menu, then everyone shares their food and eats together.  Maura found a dragonfly trying to share our lunch on this day.

ACK! Use a cup!

 Jill brought some crepe paper streamers and they were very creative with it!  There was a jumping contest that almost everyone participated in.
 

 
 

 The best part of the campout is the creek.  It is just the right size for splashing and cooling off.  We spend most of our time sitting in/around it and enjoying it.

 We brought floaties and other stuff this year and they were a hit.  Note to self: bring more tubes next year!

One constant with the campout is the rain.  We always seem to get rained on.  It's a nice Arizona rain, so it's not too cold and usually doesn't last very long.

 It's a great excuse to make hot chocolate and sit around under the umbrellas and tell stories or sing songs.
Another great trip!  Can't wait until next year!!

No comments: